Ken Norton is well-known in the product management scene, and this slide deck summarizes nearly everything there is to know about software product management. A must-read for every new product manager and also for most PM veterans.
This is a highly interesting article, since it does not contain the usual differences between a product manager and a designer. It contains a guide for designers on how to work with product managers (and make their lives easier). The format is the following:
- What is a product manager, what is his job, how does he/she think?
- What can I do as a designer to make his job easier?
I nice read from a different perspective.
Product Management is fun. There are some dark sides, however, that you simply need to cope with, as Ellen wrote in her post “The Dark Side of PM:
- Your work doesn’t have the same inherent rewards.
- People don’t understand your work.
- You give more recognition than you get.
If you’re fine with these drawbacks, welcome to Product Management!