Last week, I linked a very good post about how to say NO to a feature request. But then, when should you say YES to a feature request? There are a couple of questions to answer:
- Does it fit your vision?
- Will it still matter in 5 years?
- Will everyone benefit from it?
- Will it improve, complement or innovate on the existing workflow?
- Does it grow the business?
- Will it generate new meaningful engagement?
- If it succeeds, can we support & afford it?
- Can we design it so that reward is greater than effort?
- Can we do it well?
- Can we scope it well?
I especially like to way to look on long-term cost.